Wednesday 13 July 2016

Medical Care At A Home Away From Home - 2



Hello there! Thank you so much for your kind words. Your words are encouraging and a huge support to both my mother and I. I was in the midst of telling you, why I chose a homestay. Taking this further, I realized a few more points why even you should do so if you are looking for long term medical care.

1.   Moral Support by the hosts
My mother’s illness was a trying time for me. I was my mother’s support but I yearned for support too. My friends and the rest of the family were far and I needed to people to talk to. In such a state of mind, the hosts were very helpful. The kind of moral support they provided me with was like a warm blanket on a cold night. Sure enough, they soon became like family to us.

2.   Coping and Adapting to the new city
In our case, I was so new to Delhi.  A person from a small town, I considered myself brave enough to face Delhi. No matter how I managed, I was always a little scared and tensed. Coping was getting difficult but our hosts helped me with a lot of advice about the city and the culture. It made be “ready” to move around the city comfortably.

3.   Local people, local advice
Moving in with the locals, I not just felt safe but they were like my “Wikipedia” or “Google”. Any query, any doubt was just a shout out and I would get the best advice on transport, food, deals, pharmacies and also how to unwind.
 
4.   Network
My experience with the homestay was one of a kind. I met with a lot of people. My stay being longer than usual, I bumped into other guests and increased my network. Strangely it was good for my work too. I even bagged a contract for supplying Sikkim Tea to Nagpur! Thinking about it, I don’t think I could achieve this had I continued staying in a hotel!

5.   Emergency Services
With a number of people staying under the same roof, I was convinced that had there been an emergency I could count on the hosts and the caretakers. No one would deny me! I felt safe, secure and wonderful being with them.

My experience at the homestay was incredible. When I was leaving, as much as I was happy to take a healthier and more positive mother back home, I was engulfed with a lot of sadness of having to leave behind a home that I had started to think as mine. 
If you are wondering, where did I actually stay, I have to say that it was Cinnamon Stays run by the most adorable couple Shilpi and Manish, who helped me tide through my life’s toughest times. In case you are looking for a medical care homestay that can give you the best, I suggest you should visit www.cinnamonstays.in or write in to bookings@cinnamonstays.in
Take my word for it…after all we pahadis never lie !

No comments:

Post a Comment