Monday 29 August 2016

Why Corporates Love To Stay At Cinnamon Stays!

Having settled in Mumbai but making frequent short and long work trips to Gurgaon, one question always plagued me - where could I get a place to stay that would be pocket friendly, safe and would not mind having me over for weeks together. Till earlier this year, I suddenly thought of Shilpi, who was a client of mine way back in 2007 in Mumbai. We had been in touch on and off on Facebook and I recalled her talking about a homestay she had started. Hesitatingly I called and spoke to her as a friend. Shilpi had only one thing to say, if I were to stay at Gurgaon it had to be at Cinnamon and no place else! I was off for what I now recall as one of the finest times I have had in Gurgaon…something I did not experience in the two years that I spent there!
As a Corporate person who has to travel to Gurgaon so often, I couldn’t resist the urge to list down why I prefer staying at Cinnamon over and over again (apart from spending time with a friend that is!). Here are a few benefits I feel every Corporate person derives from staying here:
  1. “Unhotel” environment
The Unhotel experience of Cinnamon just took my heart away. I mean here I was in a place as clean, hygienic and hospitable as a hotel, yet it was not a hotel at all. The cosiness and warmth was much more. The place buzzed with people with infectious energies - the hosts, their child, the staff and fellow guests. It was like coming back to a family at the end of the day!




  1. Very Safe
Even though I marveled at being a working woman in Gurgaon for 2 years, safety was a priority always. I would never compromise on the same. Cinnamon gave me a sense of security and safety. Located in a gated society with proper CCTV cameras and Security service manning the society, I felt assured of returning back to a “safe” place!

  1. Women friendly
Cinnamon is extremely woman friendly. Shilpi herself supervises the operations even though she is so busy in her professional life. Her on-and-off presence ensures that every woman guest is treated with special care (at times I think I am pampered just because I am a woman!) Books, discussion, movies, TV shows and even hobby ideas are more women centric and personally it gives a huge high!


  1. Budget friendly
My Company’s work from home policy came as a life saver to me. I did not want to compromise on work just because I was changing locations. However, what they did not cater for was the expense of stay and travel back to Gurgaon. Cinnamon’s budget rooms were a relief to me as they are economical and offer 3 star rooms at competitive rates. I would have spent a lot more had I booked myself in a hotel. And got far less.


  1. Healthy and delicious home cooked food
I love my home food. Not that I am a great cook myself, yet I feel that wholesome homemade meals are way better than outside gourmet meals.
And you just CANNOT have outside food for more than a few days. This is a BIG PLUS when it comes to Cinnamon. 

 The breakfast spread is tasty & healthy  every morning and you can even request for home made packed lunch. Coming back to piping hot dal chawal sabzi at the end of the work day was icing on the cake (especially when one is served with such love and warmth - pampering is the word!)





  1. Creative Decor
Not once did I feel that the rooms or the ambience was short of a hotel. In fact every room at Cinnamon has quirky names - Green room, doodle room, puraani jean, etc :-) In fact, it was much better! I was “home” and it felt comfortable, cosy and warm like I would “feel” and “sense” as my own! Free wi-fi, arrangements for specific pick-ups and local offbeat recommendations that I had not experienced were add-ons!


  1. No. 1 on Trip Advisor for the past 7 years
Now Shilpi is a good friend and I would expect that as friends, I would be welcome at her homestay. The thing is that I was not just welcome, I was provided service that I had least expected. It is the little things that the team at Cinnamon does that makes it so special. I have to share an incident when on one day I was required to wear a saree to work. I was not carrying one from Mumbai. Shilpi jumped to my rescue sharing one from her collection and got her tailor to do the rest at a notice of just 3 hours! Now I know why Cinnamon continues to be at No1 on Trip Advisor every year for the past 7 years!

  1. Shilpi’s background helps her to understand needs.
If you ask me the one best thing about Cinnamon, I will have to say Shilpi. Am not biased, am just being honest. Shilpi’s background and experience as a Coach and a seasoned Human Resources professional makes her empathic towards her guests. She looks at each individual’s needs as her own and works around the same to make guests feels delightful!



  1. Close to business parks and offices on Sohna Road/ Golf Course Extension
Cinnamon is strategically located extremely close to business parks and other offices that dot Sohna Road and Golf course extension. Both are equally good. They have two locations. My own office is just 4 kms away from Sohna Road. This gives me the comfort of not being stuck in traffic while traveling to work or for my client meetings. The proximity makes it convenient, easy and less stressful.

  1. Ethical , creative small business that supports local causes
On one of the days that I was staying at Cinnamon, they were organized a curated workshop by a student from Varanasi who had started a small recycling art based project. Now, Shilpi’s mother also runs a homestay in Varanasi (Called GrannysInn.in - which is a #silverstartup). Seeing the hosts promote a newbie in the space meant that they really valued her work. Every item, every show piece at Cinnamon is picked up with a conscious effort of supporting local business, local art and a local cause
If you are looking for a place that is not just clean rooms and four walls, but has a character, breathes what it believes and you want to meet interesting people- each one having a unique story to tell, then Cinnamon Stays is the place for you!

It really stands up to it’s #unhotel positioning!

No comments:

Post a Comment